National Volunteer Week – April 23-29, 2017 #NVW2017
How does a non profit like Ausome run? On volunteer power. Without volunteers, we wouldn’t exist. It’s that simple.
This week, in celebration of National Volunteer Week, we will make an extra effort to recognize our volunteers. It’s our hope that in the process, you might be inspired to become a volunteer too.
Ausome Volunteer Facts
- Ausome Ottawa has over 100 volunteers who serve a population of 200 families.
- Our volunteers range in age from 9 to 70 years.
- While the majority of Ausome volunteers work with kids in our programs, others:
- serve on our board of directors,
- offer their professional services pro bono, and
- help with fundraising and events.
- This week alone, 39 volunteers will give their time to Ausome.
You are all #AUSOME!
Did you know?
- Volunteering will give you a better body?
- The minimum volunteer commitment for Ausome is just 2 hours per month.
- Corporate and family volunteering are fun ways to get involved with a group.
Things you can do
- Thank a volunteer the next time you see one. They will certainly welcome it.
- Sign up to volunteer with Ausome or another non-profit.
- Encourage your workplace to get involved as a volunteer/corporate sponsor (check out this video about the Innovapost – Ausome partnership).