Glad I could be there. Frankly I’m not sure who had more fun, the kids or me! I would certainly love to be involved in any future Ausome events.
-Kyle, basketball program volunteer
Make a difference in a child’s life (and their family’s too)
Interested in gaining some valuable experience working with children with special needs? Becoming an Ausome Ottawa program volunteer is for you. If you can dedicate as little as 2 hours per month to playing with kids, you will learn valuable skills and have a whole lot of fun doing it. This is a great opportunity for those looking for experience in social work, physiotherapy, behaviour therapy, recreation, education, coaching and more.
- Current police records check
- An open mind and a willingness to learn
- A minimum commitment of 2 hours per month
- Completion of a volunteer application form
- Completion of volunteer training program (approx 30 minutes)
- Experience working with children
- First Aid/CPR certification
Did you know that Ausome Ottawa has family volunteer opportunities? Please express your interest on your application. Space is limited as we only accept one volunteer family per participant program.